Not All Training classes Are Created Equal
Before you schedule an instructor led Adobe certified training class, be sure to ask the following questions:
- Is the trainer an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI)?
- All Adobe Certified Training Centers are required to use only current ACI's, but quite a few do not. Ask if your instructor is a current ACI in the topic he will be teaching.
- I'm a currently certified ACI for each topic that I teach, and I personally deliver all of the training classes that I offer.
- What is the maximum number of students in the class?
- It's pretty simple, the fewer students in a class, the more individual assistance the instructor can provide to each student. Some training providers will have upwards of 15-20 students in a class.
- I limit my open enrollment classes to a maximum of 6 students, but if you have a larger group that needs training, I will be happy to accommodate the larger class size.
- Will they cancel your class if enrollment is low?
- Many training centers have minimum enrollment levels that must be met in order to deliver a class. This is understandable. They have to pay for the facilities and the salaries of the trainer and customer support staff.
- Because I am a company of one, and all of my training classes are delivered on-site at the student's location (or via web training), I have no minimum enrollment size. As a matter of fact, I often deliver 1 on 1 training classes.